TOWN OF WEBSTER
350 Main St. Webster, MA. 01570
To Whom It May Concern:
You are hereby notified that:
Under the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 60 §77B, and by virtue of the power vested in me as Tax Title Custodian, it is my intention to sell at public auction on _September 12, 2012__ at _12:00_P.M.__ in _Webster Town Hall, Town Administrators Office. The flowing described parcels, Titles to which have been foreclosed by a Decree from the Land Court and vested in the Town of Webster.
PARCEL 1 FTT # - 150281- 64 Chase Avenue
About 12,998 sq. ft. of land with buildings thereon located at 64 Chase Avenue being designated on Assessors Map 1-X-15-0-E and now or formerly owned by said Andrew J. & Mary A. Burbee recorded in the Worcester District Registry Of Deeds, Deed Book 3401, Page25 ,Tax Taking recorded Deed Book 24907 , Page 368
Stipulation of acceptance of any bid on this property is that the small house in the rear of said property must be demolished and Removed immediately after sale, All permits, asbestos abatements, utility cutoffs, and conservation approval will be the responsibility of the awarded bidder. Minimum bid of $15,000.00 (fifteen thousand dollars) is required.
PARCEL 2 FTT # - 132917-41 Tower Street
About 16,269 sq.ft. of land with buildings thereon located at 41 Tower Street being designated on Assessors Map 28-D-28-0-E and now or formerly owned by said Magdalena Taberski recorded in the Worcester District Registry Of Deeds, Deed Book 3015, Page 52,Tax Taking recorded Deed Book 13080 , Page 110.
Stipulation of acceptance of any bid on this property is that the structure if demolished no structure larger than a two family can be rebuilt following the towns zoning bylaws and regulations, All permits, cut offs, tie in fees and asbestos abatements are the responsibility of the awarded bidder. Minimum bid of $15,000.00 (fifteen thousand dollars) is required.
All parcels are sold to the highest bidder “as is” with no guarantees for further construction and/or improvements to the parcels. Sealed bids are required including a letter stating purposed use of said property. The successful bidder(s) at said auction will be required to deposit a certified check in the amount of $2,500.00 made payable to the Town of Webster. Final payment plus deed recording fee will be due no later than 30 days after the date of said auction. The successful bidder(s) shall also be required to sign, under penalties of perjury, a statement that neither they nor any other person, who would gain equity in the property, have any tax delinquencies.
Upon receipt of the full payment, the Tax Title Custodian shall execute, deliver, and record on behalf of the Town of Webster the deed necessary to transfer the title of the Town to such property sold. The Tax Title Custodian may accept or reject any and all bids at said auction and may adjourn said auction if of the opinion that no sufficient bids are made.
Town of Webster
Sale of Foreclosed Tax Title Properties
Regulations for Auction Sale
1. The properties being offered have been foreclosed by Decree from the Land Court. All properties will be sold “as is”. The Town of Webster(“Town”), its Treasurer, employees , representative, and/or agents make NO PRESENTATION AS TO ITS CONDITION FOR A STRUCTURE, OR THE SUITABILITY FOR A BUILDING FOR VACANT LAND, AND AS TO ALL PARCES THE INSURABILITY OR MARKETABILITY OF ANY TITLE OTHER THAN THAT THE TITLE HAS BEEN FORECLOSED UPON BY THE COURT.
2. Any materials or documents concerning this auction prepared or furbished by the Town or its employees are solely for informational purposes. No warranty or representation is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations and draw their own conclusions.
3. The properties shall be conveyed subject to any environmental conditions, if any, including but not limited to hazardous waste conditions, which may or may not be in compliance with any applicable laws, policies or regulations.
4. The properties shall be conveyed subject to any person, if any, in actual occupancy. It will be the responsibility of the successful bidder and not the Town of evict any former owner or any person upon the premises.
5. Any error, misstatement or omission in the description of the property shall not annul the sale, or be grounds for any abatement or compensation.
6. The Tax Title Custodian sets the minimum bid. The right is reserved to reject any and all bids.
7. The following person(s) shall not be qualified to be the successful bidder; (1) the prior owner of the property or his/her agent, representative, assign or straw; (2) any person currently delinquent in paying his/her own personal taxes or other charges to the Town of Webster; (3) any person who failed to close on the purchase of a property at a previous Public Auction; and (4) and person who was the subject to a tax title foreclosure by the Town.
8. Each bidder must exhibit a certified check in the amount of $2,500.00 made payable to himself. Each high bidder must endorse the certified check to the Order of the Town of Webster and deposit that amount as payment (either in full or partial) for the parcel purchased. Failure to complete the transaction will result in forfeiture of said deposit to the Town of Webster.
9. The successful bidder will be required to execute a Disclosure Statement as required by M.G.L. C.7, §40J, a Memorandum of Sale, and a Certificate of Compliance pursuant to M.G.L. C.60 §77B
10. The requirements of M.G.L. C.44, §63A must be fully complied with regarding pro forma tax (sale price times the current tax rate).
11. The balance of the contract sale amount, plus deed recording fee. Must be paid by certified or teller’s check within thirty days of the auction sale.
12. The right to keep such deposit shall belong to the Town if Condition No. 11 is not fulfilled.
- Monday, 27 August 2012
- Posted in Categories: : Legal Notices